DALLAS, March 10, 2022 /PRNewswire/ — International research firm Parks Associates today announced it will host the virtual roundtable discussion, Smart Home Tech and the Pros: View from the Channel, on April 14 from 2:15-3:45 pm CT as part of the 2022 CONNECTIONS™: The Premier Connected Home Conference experience. The roundtable features industry players from pro-service channels, who will share insights about the role of interactive services and the opportunities and challenges of incorporating smart home technology into their offerings.
Parks Associates research finds 33% of US internet households have a security system with professional monitoring service. While 57% of security system owners purchased their system through a security provider, most smart home device owners buy through the retail channel. Among networked camera owners, 49% bought their device through a retailer, while the remaining top channels are broadband service provider (17%), security dealer (9%), and product manufacturer (5%). This variety of channels allows for consumer choice but creates integration challenges in the connected home.
“A variety of professional service sectors serve the consumer at home, including security and monitoring, HVAC, AV & custom installers, electricians, plumbers, and premium tech support installers,” said Elizabeth Parks, President and CMO, Parks Associates. “The influx of smart home solutions adds more fragmentation to the residential space, and professional service providers can serve an important role delivering integration and a positive consumer experience. Theirs is a critical voice in the industry that needs to be heard, and we are happy to facilitate these important conversations.”
Smart Home Tech and the Pros: View from the Channel is the first in a series of CONNECTIONS™ quarterly roundtable discussions focused on the professional technicians in the home. These 90-minute sessions feature Parks Associates research, visionary insights, and interactive discussions on the impact of new technology and challenges that come with “smart” technology in the home.
- Integration of new tech and the role of systems
- Expanding the channel: new revenue opportunities
- Educating the consumer and differentiating services
- Current challenges: supply, workforce, costs, pace of innovation
- Selecting partners: what the trades want from solution providers
- Best products and what consumers want
Industry leaders joining the conversation:
- Ian Bryant, Senior Director Strategic Partnerships, CEDIA
- Loren Roetman, Home Technology Master, Cloudburst Technology
- Jennifer Mallett, Founder and CEO, Level Up Your Home
- James H. McCabe III, Operations Manager, OnTech Smart Services
- David Bauer, Sr. Engineer, GE Lighting
- Kevin Huisman, Service Manager, Grand Home Automation
- Bill Nicholson, Director, Rutestock
For 26 years, CONNECTIONS™ has brought together thousands of industry players from the consumer technology ecosystem to talk about the growth in the connected home market. The 26th annual event will be hosted May 17-19, 2022, at the Omni Hotel in Frisco Texas. Parks Associates will also host virtual sessions on April 14, August 18, October 20, and November 10.
To request data or an interview, contact Rosey …….