URC and Legrand Collaborate to Elevate and Expand Smart Home Automation and Control – WFMZ Allentown
HARRISON, N.Y., Feb. 10, 2022 /PRNewswire-PRWeb/ — URC, a global leader in smart home automation and control for residential and commercial applications, and Legrand, a global leader in customized electrical and digital systems for residential and commercial markets, announced today a new phase of collaboration in smart residential and commercial automation technology.
Starting immediately, URC and Legrand have created seamless control of Legrand’s Vantage lighting and climate systems with Total Control, URC’s award-winning residential and commercial automation platform. This integration includes native use cases in Total Control’s Scenes menus allowing events to control multiple systems and devices.
Combining the power of systems and devices creates and new age of smart home and URC’s dealer community and end users. Key benefits include:
- Unified, Seamless Integration – As part of URC’s Unified Modules, users can simply automate multiple climate zones along with other smart categories like lighting, security, audio, video, and more.
- Create Robust Scenes – With professional programming, users can launch scenes that create the perfect environment. Examples include a “Good Morning” or “Goodnight” scenes that adjust climate and lighting devices.
- Simplified Automation Programming – Professional programming is fast and easy through URC’s dealer community.
- Seamless Remote Access and Control – Allows for convenient control on-site, or through the URC user interfaces, or the Total Control app allows multiple room control.
- Voice/Hands-Free Control – URC’s voice commands through Total Control interfaces, Amazon Alexa or Google Home allow two-way communication with simple homeowner operation.
- Energy Efficiency – Helps homeowners understand energy usage and ways to reduce costs.
Vantage offers an array of cutting-edge products providing precise automated lighting control with intuitive and sophisticated interfaces while URC’s Total Control systems are smart, reliable, and simple to install. Combining the power of Vantage’s and URC’s systems and devices creates a new age of smart home technology for the URC dealer community and end-users
“While our lighting and climate systems offer homeowners incredible benefits from comfort to helping to boost productivity, how they command and control these systems is just as much part of that experience,” said Charlie Derk, Director of Product Marketing, Shading and Residential Controls, Legrand North America. “We’ve worked with URC for years, and this is a natural expansion of our collaboration that helps our customers achieve the smart home capabilities that they envision.”
“This collaboration continues our relationship with Legrand and elevates residential and commercial user experiences with true integrated control and automation,” stated Lars Granoe, VP Product at URC.
Headquartered in Harrison NY USA, URC is a global leader in smart home automation and control solutions. URC technology is respected for unsurpassed performance and reliability with over 100 million remote controls sold in the past 10 years alone. URC control systems include Total Control® and Complete Control®. Innovative URC user interfaces include tabletop controllers, in-wall touchscreens, handheld remotes, keypads and mobile apps – plus voice control integration with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant. URC systems are custom designed, installed and maintained by a network of URC trained systems integration professionals. Its award-winning technical support and training make URC the best choice for home automation.
Marketing Lead, URC
About Legrand and Legrand, North and Central America